1. System Functionality
The AUTOMATiQ system can be integrated within the eBike drive system and provides automatic shifting for the rider at all times. It can be utilized with the drive system remote controller, which usually offers both fully automatic and manual shifting options. If supported by the drive system, the rider has the option to switch between “manual” and “automatic” modes. For details, please look at your drive system manual, since the integration is handled differently by type of drive system
enviolo controller or app
It is also possible to use an enviolo AUTOMATiQ controller or the enviolo app on a smartphone. See: Quick start guide - AUTOMATiQ with controller for the functionality of the different types of controllers enviolo provides. Or check: enviolo AUTOMATiQ app download & installation to start and utilize the app.
Notice: The internal gear hub can be shifted ~50% while stationary. The AUTOMATiQ system will intelligently wait for pedaling or wheel movement if wide ratio ranges are commanded while stationary
On the first set up or after system maintenance or incorrect functionality the system has to be calibrated.
Turn system power on. Select no motor assist.
- Initiate the calibration process through the drive system menu. For details review the eBike drive system manual or see our full owners manual.
- Pedal the bicycle lightly through the entire calibration procedure (preferable on a stand with the rear wheel off the ground), while the system shifts from “low” to “high” ratio multiple times and completes the calibration.
enviolo controller or app
Should you be using an enviolo AUTOMATiQ controller, see the article Calibration with AUTOMATiQ controllers how to calibrate. If you are using the enviolo app, you can also access the calibration through the configuration tab in the app, see the video: Calibration of the AUTOMATiQ hub interface with the enviolo App
In automatic mode the system automatically adjusts the ratio to maintain the rider´s preferred cadence. The rider can set up the interface to their personal preferences. Either through their eBike drive system menu, an enviolo AUTOMATiQ controller or via the enviolo app.
Set up personal preferences
Notice: The first step can also be done via an integrated system and the enviolo AUTOMATiQ controller, the ratio at start of ride and ride mode is only to be set up while using the enviolo app. Please see: enviolo AUTOMATiQ configuration with the app
- First find your desired cadence: start with 50 and increase (or decrease) with steps of 5 to 10 RPM until you have found the most pleasant setting
- Then try the different ride modes: Comfort/Eco/Sport (only available when using a SP or TR hub interface)
- To find out out which gear ratio at start of ride you like best: start with 0.50 and increase with steps of 0.1 until you have found the most pleasant setting
Notice: Make sure you test ride the bike after every change in the settings, so you really experience the difference!
In manual mode the rider is able to shift on their own electronically. The eBike drive system usually integrated this functionality by simulating gears. This is also possible via the submenu ‘Dashboard’ in the enviolo app.