1. If the manual hub interface is incorrectly installed, full ratio range of the internal gear hub may be unavailable and full overdrive will need to be reset.
2. If installed on the bicycle, shift the hub into overdrive "H" as far as possible and remove the rear wheel.
3. [H] For enviolo CT/TR/CO/CA internal gear hubs
Remove the right hand nut (A) that secures the manual hub interface, then remove the manual hub interface (B) by lifting carefully from underneath.
For enviolo SP Internal gear hubs
Remove the right hand nut and axle screw that secure the manual hub interface, then remove the manual hub interface (B) by lifting carefully from underneath.
4. [I] If the spline nut (C) and shift drive (D) markings are not aligned, full overdrive will need to be reset.
5. If the markings are not obvious, full overdrive depending on the internal gear hub should result in the hub/wheel rotating ~1.6-2 times for every rotation of the sprocket. Also see your internal gear hub specification for the corresponding full overdrive ratio.
6. [J] Set the manual hub interface to the full underdrive “L” position (note this is opposite of normal installation). Reinstall the manual hub interface (angular position is unimportant), leaving the right hand nut uninstalled.
7. The manual hub interface will be used to shift the hub into full overdrive in the following steps.
8. [K] Install the enviolo hub into a vice or fixture as shown, clamping on the left hand axle flats.
If a vice is not available, installation in the bicycle frame is possible, tightening only the left hand no-turn washer and axle nut to allow rotation of the manual hub interface.
9. [L] While driving hub clockwise with the sprocket (A), rotate the manual hub interface (B) counter-clockwise toward the full overdrive “H” position until a firm stop is felt. Repeat this rotation
2-3 times by driving the hub clockwise and rotating the manual hub interface back and forth, ending at a firm stop toward (but likely not at) the full overdrive “H” position.
10. The indicated position of the manual hub interface is unimportant in this step.
11. When in full overdrive, the hub/wheel should rotate approximately 1.6-2 times for every rotation of the sprocket.
12. When full overdrive is found, remove the manual hub interface per step 4 in this chapter.
13. Check to make sure the mark on the spline nut and shift driver align per step 5 in this chapter.
14. Install the manual hub interface.