In order to offer you a simple upgrade to the newest version of our AUTOMATiQ product, we have created a service kit for you, consisting of the AUTOMATiQ hub interface, the hub magnet ring, as well as the wire harness. Link to order the kit.
To conduct the installation, either follow the videos or the description below:
At minimal set the following settings:
- CAN protocol, should be set to "none"
- Set front and rear sprocket teeth. For Bosch gen2 systems with small front sprockets, program the effective sprocket size by multiplying the number of teeth by 2.5 (16t*2.5=40t effective sprocket size).
- set wheel circumference
Now disconnect your phone from the interface and continue from step 22 below with controller pairing and calibration. After calibration the end user can use this setup guide to personalize ride behavior.
Remove the old AHI:
1. Disconnect the wire harness
2. Remove the axle nuts and no-turn washers
3. Remove the right hand nut and remove the Automatic hub interface
4. Remove the old wire harness
5. Disassemble the old Automatic controller and assemble the new
6. Install the new wire harness, but do not connect it to the AHI yet
Installing the magnet ring for 2.X systems (Video Link):
7. The opening of the magnet ring and snap ring must be aligned
8. Ensure the OSS2 has a yellow serial # sticker. Should you still have a white sticker, please replace it with a yellow version to ensure proper functionality
9. Install the hub magnet ring (AUT-OSS2-OE) onto the hub flange
10. Tighten it to 1Nm with a 2.5mm Allen wrench
11. Push the AHI (AHI-XX-OE) onto the axle and tighten the lock nut (HW-HNUT-OE) with a torque wrench and long 17m socket to 10-15Nm
12. Insert the wheel into the dropout and make sure the sensor does not interfere
13. Slide the no-turn washers (HW-WASH-OE) into the dropout and tighten the acorn nuts (HW-ANUT-OE) with a torque wrench with a 15mm long socket to ~30-40Nm
14. Make sure the connector on the AHI is unobstructed
15. Ensure you have the power supply from the drive system available via proprietary cable or our solution (WIRE-AT3-DS-OE)
16. Connect the wire harness (WIRE-AT3-400-OE or WIRE-AT3-600-OE) to the AHI and the drive system side
17. With the drive system on, push and hold the indicated button on the AHI for 5 seconds until it starts blinking blue
18. Open the enviolo App on your phone or tablet and select the desired device
19. The serial # of the hub interface can be found on the bottom of the hub interface
20. Go to the configuration menu, scroll down and select all necessary parameters. Ensure the CAN protocol is set as "None". Afterwards close the app
21. Pair the controller with the hub interface by once again pushing the AHI button 5 seconds until it starts blinking blue
How to pair the controller:
22. For the CO controller (part of the kit), press and hold the center button for 3 seconds until the LED starts flashing green and red. Once the LED flashes green only the device is paired
23. For the CA controller, press and hold the center button for more than 8 seconds. Once the LED lights continuously in blue for 1 second the device is paired
24. For the SP controller, press and hold the mode button for 3 seconds. Once the LED lights continuously in green for 5 seconds the device is paired
Calibrate the system:
25. In the configuration menu, scroll down and trigger the calibration by selecting "recalibrate the hub interface"
26. For the CO controller (part of kit), press and hold the center button for 3 seconds until the rear hub begins shifting (5-7 seconds) and then release the button
27. For the CA controller, press and hold up and down buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. While the calibration is active the LED will flash white
28. For the SP controller, press and hold mode and down buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. While the calibration is active the LED will flash blue
29. After triggering the calibration you have to pedal constantly and lightly for 7-10 seconds for all the variants until the system shifts 2-3 times through the full ratio range